Maisha Magic East in partnership with Daniel ‘Churchill’ Ndambuki is in search of Kenya’s ‘Ultimate Comic’.
· New TV show begins auditions to find Kenya’s next big comic talent.
· Ksh 1Million, a TV contract and a car up for grabs in a winner takes all contest!
The new reality show dubbed Ultimate Comic is a televised stand-up TV comedy show which aims to find one rib cracking stand-up comedian between the age of 18 and 50 to perform comedy acts on stage, created by themselves.
Here is everything you need to know about the hunt and the show!
View this post on Instagram
Are you funny? We’re giving you a chance to win a TV contract, a new car and KSh1 Million! Come to the Reef Hotel in Mombasa today or tomorrow. Gates open at 9am. Remember to bring your ID document! Find out more about #UltimateComicKe at maishamagiceast.tv/ultimatecomicke #MMEast #ChekeshaYakoYote
- The hunt will begin through auditions in four major towns in Kenya beginning in Mombasa from today, 22nd & 23rd September, then moving to Kisumu City on 29th and 30th September. Auditions will be held in Nakuru on 6th and 7th October and finally Nairobi on 13th and 14th October.
- Following the auditions, 40 successful comedians from across the country will be shortlisted to take part in the knock out stages and live shows before the grand finale scheduled for March 2018.
- In the winner takes all show, The Ultimate Comic will have a hefty task of not only bringing rib cracking stand-up comedy to convince the judges of the show that they are the funniest person, but will have to win the love of the whole country to garner votes for the top position.
- Judges include renowned comedians Tony Njuguna, Felix Odiwuor popularly known as Jalang’o and radio host Massawe Japanni.
- The call for auditions is open for comedians aged between 18 and 50, with fresh rib cracking ideas and jokes that will make for good quality entertainment.