The lineup this year is a wild mix of artist from EA and beyond.
Nyege Nyege is back this September
Gathering more than 50 international acts, the festival is scheduled right on the source of the River Nile venue—the sandy Nile Discovery Resort beach in Jinja.
Behold Nyege weekender, here is your survival kit.
View this post on Instagram
Nyege Nyege Festival: The Weekenders Survival Hacks August 2017 by @theeventskahuna The lineup this year is a wild mix of artist from EA and beyond. Nyege Nyege is back this September Gathering more than 50 international acts, the festival is scheduled right on the source of the River Nile venue—the sandy Nile Discovery Resort beach in Jinja. Behold Nyege weekender, here is your survival kit. Get your tickets: Tickets are available from www.mookh.com and www.ticketsasa.com for KES 4,000 incl. free camping. ? in bio
Get your tickets:
Tickets are available from www.mookh.com for KES 4,000. Grab your tickets here. Music officially starts on Friday 1st of September at 11am. The festival closes on Monday morning 10am when the music stops. The full festival pass gives customers access to the festival site and free camping space in the designated camping grounds around the site. To enter the campsite you must have both a full festival pass and a separate camping wristband that you get at the door when you register for camping space.
Get those papers
- YELLOW FEVER Please get your yellow fever shots at City Hall before leaving Nairobi or your county offices if you live outside Nairobi. It’s much cheaper there (KSh 2500) than at the border/ airports (KSh 3000).
- VISA If you are a Kenya Citizen or Resident or have an EA Visa you good hun. Tourists and other nationalities will need to buy a Visa at the border for 100 USD.
Now get your Ride
Kampala 80 km,
Entebbe 117 km,
Nairobi 578 km,
Arusha 854 km,
Mombasa 1498 km,
Dar es Salaam 1691 km.
- The drive is about the same as from Nairobi down to the coast, Mombasa.
- BUS Major bus companies like Easy Coach, Modern Coast, Mash, Simba, Kampala Coach and many more offer transport. There are also comfortable tour companies and private cars for hire on first come, first serve basis.
- PLANES Touchdown will be Entebbe. Air Uganda, Fly540, Kenya Airways, Flysax, RwandAir, Fastjet among others ply to Uganda routes. Festival organisers recommendations: You can use Skyscanner or Kayak to find the cheapest flights available to Entebbe. The nearest airports to the festival site are Entebbe International airport which is about 4 hour drive away from the Festival Site.
- AIRPORT TRANSFERS For those flying to the festival there are transfers to the festival site organized from Entebbe airport. Prices are:
4 person car (3 with lots of Luggage)
Kampala- Entebbe 70K
Entebbe Jinja – 150 k
Kampala – Jinja – 120 k
7 Person Car (with Luggage)
Kampala – Entebbe 90 k
Entebbe – Jinja 180K
Kampala – Jinja 140 K
- PARTY BUS Bad Mambo and Nairobi underground’s Official Nyege Nyege Party Bus is the most fun (and affordable) way to get you to the festival from the 254 Nairobi and back. Return bus ticket+festival pass: KSh 9000
Return bus ticket: KSh 5000
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com for more information
Or call 0718017785/0715592618 | Find out here.
- PARKING There is a free car just outside the festival site, but as it’s public we cannot guarantee security and we advise you not to leave any valuables in your vehicle – there are safe lockers within the Festival site that you can use. We do have security monitoring the carpark. There is secure VIP parking available at the festival for a fee.
- CAR HIRE You might enjoy renting a car direct from the airport and exploring Uganda’s natural beauty and tourist attractions, when you’re not too busy raving up on the shores of the River Nile. Check out Road Trip Uganda for cars pre-loaded with all the camping gear.
View this post on Instagram
#NyegeNyegeFestival2017 is coming up in September 1-3 We are happy to be the official #DigitalMedia partner to one of the best Festivals in the continent. More information on discounted packages will be up soon. Like the page @nyegenyegefest @nyegenyege thanks be in the know. #events #Festival #nyegenyege2017 #Jinja #Uganda
- CAMPING Early weather predictions indicate it will be sunny throughout so the best weather to camp. Get your camping gears and kit. Campers get their own wristband and allocated spot. Power sockets to charge will available at various points on the camp site. The campsite is officially open to Nyege Nyege Festival customers from 2pm on Thursday 31st of August to September the 4th. Camping is FREE if you bring your own tent. Camper Vans can park in our secure parking outside the festival.
- HOTELS Major apps will show you great hotels right close to the venue. There are a bunch of affordable hotels close to choose from. NB. Check Jumia travel for accommodation options or Air B n b. The official Nyege Nyege hotel is Nile Hotel Jinja. Clean comfortable rooms with breakfast 5 minutes from the festival site.Info here:Accommodation rate for Nile Hotel
Double couple @100,000
Single @80,000/ 90,000 plus 1
Apartment/exec 182,000(5% discount on all rooms booked for 3 days)
Contact 0703941301/ 0752934588
The local menu below is in Kshs. Get the right amount of cash you need in your budget and don’t carry lots of cash. There are some m-pesa point for all you e-money lovers. Main dishes in restaurants range from 8’000 UGX to 20’000 / Sandwiches and snacks from 1500 UGX – 10’000 UGX / Beer 3500 UGX – 5000 UGX for a half a litre / Spirit + Mixer between 5k – 10 k/ Cocktails between 10’000 UGX – 15’000 UGX/ Cigarettes 4000 UGX.
Beers – 90 bob
A rolex – 50 bob,
Jamaican jerk chicken – 300 bob
Gin bottle – 700 bob
For campers make sure to get some chips/crisps, nuts, water, portable jiko and pot.
View this post on Instagram
Long before Nyegenyege Festival arrived in Jinja Uganda, this small town knew it was coming. N is for Nyege Nyege Festival ???????????? #partycam squad????????When you remember the amount of sauce #nyegenyege2016 had. #nyegenyege2017 #toomuchsauce #theeventskahuna Grab your tickets now @mymookh @easyticket_ug @eventbrite @tamudeals @nyegenyegefest @wglive.tv @whatsgoodnetworks @chano8mag @eatoutkenya
Nyege Nyege this year has FOUR STAGES:
Nyege Nyege has four stages this year with a star studded lineup featuring some of African best Underground artists as well as a whose who of European producers at the forefront of electronic music and exploring sounds from Africa in new ways.
For a full list of the lineup you can check here: http://nyegenyege.com/2017-artist-line-up/
This year Nyege Nyege will host the Umojah Sound system. A massive custom-built rig that is East Africa’s only custom built Dub soundsystem. It will feauture a lineup of bass heavy music for 4 days staright.
For this year Nyege Nyege will bring to Uganda for the first time a Funktion One sound system. Renowned for being some of the world best soundsystem for electronic music.
The Bell Stage is the main stage at Nyege Nyege where most of the live music performances are showcased.
Chill out stage.
This year Nyege Nyege will feature a special chill out stage by the river where the large roster of dj’sp laying at Nyege Nyege 2017 will showcase more downtempo sets. Chai teas and healthy organic food will be available at that stage.
Don’ts’s to Nyege
- Don’t bring a suitcase. Juts carry the right attire in a rack sack.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash. The Ugandan Schilling is the currency in Uganda. No other currency is accepted. There are forex bureaus dotted around Jinja town 1km away from the festival as well as banks who do currency exchange.
- Don’t get to the venue late. You will miss the right spots especially for campers.Pets are not allowed anywhere within the campsite, and festival, grounds. If you are looking to bring a pet you will need to stay off-site.
- Don’t set your tent on an incline. Pitch smart.
- Don’t forget a torch, a sleeping bag, cooking oil, toilet paper, body oil and maybe a raincoat.
- Don’t be a zombie in the dance-floor. Respect the urge.
- Don’t forget to inform you friends and family where you are just in case of any emergency.
- Don’t forget friends.
- Alcohol will be sold at the festival at regular Uganda prices, (3500 – 5000 UGX for beers) including bottles of spirits so there is little economic incentive to bring your own alcohol to the festival. NO Glass can be brought into the festival site.
Tukutane Nyege Nyege 2017.
Additional information courtesy of UP Nairobi.
#NNIM17 #NYEGENYEGE #RespectTheUrge